NATIONAL CHILDREN’S BOOK DAY 2021 CELEBRATION
CCP celebrates the National Children’s Book Day with the launch of free e-book!
Cultural Center of the Philippines
in partnership with the Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY)
July 20, 2021 | 10:00 AM onwards
Streamed for FREE on the Official Facebook pages of CCP, CCP Intertextual Division, and Philippine Board on Books for Young People
The Cultural Center of the Philippines, in partnership with the Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY), celebrates the 38th National Children’s Book Day (NCBD). Held every third Tuesday of July, the NCBD commemorates the date of the publication of National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal's “The Monkey and the Turtle” in Trubner's Oriental Record in London.
Aside from championing the importance of nurturing our young readers’ curiosity and imagination, the CCP and PBBY focus on recognizing the best work of children’s book writers, illustrators, and publishers through the awarding of the PBBY-Salanga and PBBY-Alcala Prizes. PBBY will also name this year’s winners of the National Children's Book Awards (NCBA).
Title: “Magkaiba? Magkaisa! Magbasa. Ang Danas ng Nagkakaisang Sektor para sa Librong Pambata sa Panahon ng COVID.” The book features nine written works detailing how the community of creators and advocates of Filipino children’s books is coping with the repercussions of the pandemic. The link to the free e-book will be available after the launch.
Editor: Ani Rosa Almario
Cover Designer: Abi Goy
- “Kumbaga Sa Lugaw: Kung Bakit ‘Essential’ Ang Aklat-Pambata Sa Panahon ng Pandemya at Bakuna (O Kung Bakit Kailangang Patuloy na Magsulat sa Gitna ng Pandemya)” by Dr. Luis P. Gatmaitan
- “Mga Munting Tugon Sa Hamon” by Ruben de Jesus
- “Keep Safe and Healthy: The Challenges of Publishing During the Pandemic” by Frances A. Ong
- “Alternatibo at Independiyenteng Paglalathala ng mga Akdang Pambata sa Gitna ng Pandemya” by M.J. Cagumbay Tumamac
- “Maluwalhating Pagtulay sa Pandemya” by Gerardo V. Cabochan Jr.
- “Librarians and Libraries: On Shifts and Pivots During the Pandemic Era” by Zarah Gagatiga
- “Going the Distance: Learning in the Time of COVID-19” by Twinkle Caro Sicat
- “Igniting a Love for Reading in the Time of Pandemic” by Rey Bufi
- “Ang Sentro para sa Batang Filipino sa Panahon ng Krisis” by Beverly Siy
Managing Editor: Erika Antuerfia
Layout Artist: Ronie Chua Padao
Coordinator: Geraldin B. Villarin and the CCP Intertextual Division.