August 5 to 14, 2022 | 12:45 PM, 3:30 PM, 6:15 PM, & 9:00 PM
- Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater)
- Tanghalang Huseng Batute (CCP Studio Theater) and
- Tanghalang Manuel Conde (CCP Arthouse Cinema)
DATE/TIME/VENUE (Ayala Malls Cinemas):
August 10 to 16, 2022 | 1:30 PM, 3:50 PM, 6:10 PM, & 8:30 PM
- NCR: Trinoma, Glorietta, Manila Bay
- Regional: Capitol Central Bacolod & CDO Centrio
DATE/TIME/VENUE (SM Cinemas):
August 10 to 16, 2022 | 11:30 AM, 2:00 PM, 4:30 PM, & 7:-00 PM
- NCR: SM Megamall
- Regional: Baguio, Clark, Dasmarinas, & Legazpi
October 17 to 31, 2022
After two years of online streaming, Cinemalaya, the country’s pioneer indie film festival, returns to live on-site screening at the CCP Main Theater on its 18th year. This year, with the tagline, “Breaking Through the Noise,” Cinemalaya presents 11 full-length feature films and 12 short films that will compete for the Balanghai trophy. Established in 2005, the Cinemalaya film festival and competition continues to discover, encourage, and support the cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers that boldly articulate and freely interpret the Filipino experience with fresh insight and artistic integrity.
The theme “Breaking Through the Noise” announces that Cinemalaya is alive and kicking, is making a homecoming to a live theater, and looking forward to a brighter future. The key visual, especially the eyeball, represents an idea of continuity and relevance of independent cinema today. Amidst historical changes and challenges, film lives on not only as a reflection of life but also as a scribe or a recorder of things that happened. In the age of hyper-information and fake news, Film “cuts through the noise” as it tells the real story. It is an alternative way to find out of what’s happening to contemporary society. In essence, Cinemalaya represents the truth.
Cinemalaya has supported and promoted the production of Filipino independent films, many of which have won awards in local and international competitions and festivals. Through the annual festival, Cinemalaya has showcased over 1,000 works by independent filmmakers including full feature films, shorts, documentaries, Filipino film classics, and art films. The 18th Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival promises to deliver the best visual storytelling to every film enthusiast. With its 2022 lineup, there is something that will surely capture the audience’s imagination.
Full-Length Films (with MTRCB Rating)
- THE BASEBALL PLAYER by Carlo Obispo (Rated G)
- RETIRADA by Cynthia Cruz-Paz and Milo Alto Paz (Rated PG)
- KARGO by TM Malones (Rated PG)
- KALUSKOS by Roman Perez Jr.; Screenplay by Enrique Villasis (Rated PG)
- GINHAWA by Christian Paolo Lat (Rated PG)
- BULA SA LANGIT by Sheenly Gener; Screenplay by Andrian Legaspi (Rated R-13)
- BLUE ROOM by Ma-an L. Asuncion-Dagnalan (Rated R-13)
- BATSOY by Ronald Espinosa Batallones (Rated G)
- BAKIT DI MO SABIHIN? by Real Florido; Screenplay by Floriza Ferrer (Rated PG)
- ANGKAS by Rain Yamson; Screenplay by Jaymar Santos Castro (Rated R-13)
- 12 WEEKS by Anna Isabelle Matutina (Rated R-13)
Short Films (with MTRCB Rating)
- AMPANGABAGAT NIN TALAKBA HA LIKOL (IT’S RAINING FROGS OUTSIDE) by Maria Estela Paiso (Rated PG)
- BLACK RAINBOW by Zig Dulay (Rated G)
- CITY OF FLOWERS by Xeph Suarez (Rated PG)
- DIKIT by Gabriela Serrano (Rated PG)
- DISTANCE by Dexter Paul De Jesus (Rated PG)
- DUWA-DUWA by Nena Jane Achacoso (Rated PG)
- KWITS by Raz De La Torre (Rated G)
- MATA KANG BUSAY (VISION OF THE FALLS) by Niño Maldecir & Cyphor John Gayorgor (Rated PG)
- MGA HANDUM NGA NASULAT SA BARAS (THE DREAMS THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THE SAND) by Arlie Sweet Sumagaysay& Richard JerouiSalvadico (Rated G)
- ROUNDTRIP TO HAPPINESS by Claudia Fernando (Rated G)
- SEE YOU, GEORGE! by Mark Moneda (Rated PG)
- SI ODDIE by Maria KydyleeTorato (Rated G)
- Php 250 (CCP, Ayala Malls NCR and Regional Branches, SM NCR Branches)
- Php 230 (SM Regional Branches)
Discounts: 20% for Students, Senior Citizens, PWD, Government and Military Personnel, Athletes
Festival Pass: Php 2,500
To Buy Tickets:
- Got to the CCP Box Office or call 8832-3704. It is open from Tuesday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and on weekends when there are ongoing shows at the CCP.
- Visit https://premier.ticketworld.com.ph/ or call 8891-9999.
- Visit https://smtickets.com/ or call 8470-2222.
To buy Festival Passes:
The Cinemalaya 18 Festival Pass gives you access to all the films in competition at CCP Venues from August 05-14, 2022. Each festival pass has thirteen (13) screening credits; one (1) credit is good for each of the 11 full-length films and 2 sets of shorts films.
- Go to culturalcenter.gov.ph and create an account.
- Click the Live at CCP tab and look for the Cinemalaya 18 event page. In the event page, click the link to the Cinemalaya 18 Festival Pass.
- Download and fill out the festival pass form.
- Click ADD TO CART then proceed to CHECKOUT.
- Fill in your billing details and choose your desired payment method.
- Proceed to payment. Once paid, you will receive an email confirmation of your transaction.
- For faster transaction and preparation of your festival pass card, send the fully accomplished form with your digital photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may pick up your festival pass card at the CCP Box Office.
- Present your proof of payment to the Box Office personnel upon pickup.