Entries are now being accepted for the Short Film category of the 2015 Cinemalaya Independent Film Competition and to the the Full Length Feature Category of next year’s competition in 2016.
Deadline for submission for both categories is on March 6, 2015, 6 p.m. at the Media Arts Division of the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.
For the short film category, interested participants must submit the following:
- The final work in DVD format
- The completed application form
- Synopsis in Filipino or English
- A brief resume/diodata and two recent 2x2 photographs
The ten best short features will be announced on April 14, 2015 and will be screened during the 2015 Cinemalaya Festival from August 7 - 14 at the CCP and other festival venues chosen by Cinemalaya. The best short feature will receive a prize of P150,000.00 and the Balanghai trophy during the Cinemalaya Awards Night on August 14, 2015 at the CCP Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater).
For the full length feature category, interested participants must submit the following:
• Duly accomplished 2016 Entry Form. This form may also be downloaded from www.culturalcenter.gov.ph or www.cinemalaya.org.
• Synopsis in Filipino or English (1 page, 12 pts font size, not more than 300 words)
• Detailed sequence treatment (between 50 – 60 sequences, double space, 12 pts Courier, letter-sized bond paper, 1 inch margin all around)
• Resume of proponent
• Two recent photos of proponent (2inx2in)
• Samples of previous works (e.g. short films, etc.) in DVD format
The ten finalists for the 2016 full length category will be announced on August 14, 2015. They will each receive a production grant of P750,000.00 to be released in tranches. The ten film entries will be screened during the 2016 Cinemalaya Festival on August 5-14, 2016 at the CCP and other festival venues. The Best Full Feature film will receive a prize of P350,000.00 and the Balanghai Trophy .
For entry forms, complete guidelines, rules and regulations and mechanics, please visit www.cinemalaya.org, www.culturalcenter.gov.ph or call CCP Media Arts Division at tel. no. 832-1125 local 1704 and 1705.
Cinemalaya is an all-digital film competition that aims to discover, encourage, and support the cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers that boldly articulate and freely interpret the Filipino experience with fresh insight and artistic integrity. It is a project of the Cinemalaya Foundation, Inc., in partnership with the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP), The Festival featuresfeature film exhibitions, seminars, the Cinemalaya Independent Film Congress and other film-related events.